Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oh 2011...

Oh 2011... what a year! If every year of my life is as eventful as 2011, I will die of a heart attack before I'm 50, guaranteed haha. It was a year of tremendous personal growth, learning, sacrifice, and blessings. Below I've highlighted some of the major life events that I passed through during each month of 2011.

January: I started a New Years Resolution [for the first time], and kept it :) I also went to Passion 2011, which was life-changing, as usual.

Feburary: I turned 23 [which feels old, but I know it's not]. I also survived the snowiest month of my life.

March: I made my first trip to Haiti with Calvary Baptist Church.
April: I did 9 12 hour shifts on an oncology floor as my nursing preceptorship. I also visited the Ripley's Aquarium with my amazing community group.
May: I graduated from the University of Tennessee with a Bachelor's Degree in the Science of Nursing. Praise the Lord!

June: I was led by the Spirit and in obedience ended the relationship with the man I want to marry. And I got to start spending time with a little girl who I came to love like she was my own kid. And I dyed a piece of my hair hot pink!
July: I went to the beach on our annual family vacation to Panama City Beach, Florida! And I also got to spend a week doing crazy stuff with some awesome kids from Calvary. And I also said goodbye to some amazing friends that I had a fabulous summer in Knoxville with.
August: I was the Maid of Honor for my Sis who got married! And I moved to Haiti for a spell. :)
September: I watched my first patient/babygirl/friend go to be with Jesus.
October: God gave me back the relationship I had ended out of obedience, Praise the Lord! His timing is better than mine, always.
November: I got to watch the lives of 5 children be saved by desperately needed heart surgeries.
December: I got to come home and spend Christmas with my family and friends who I missed more than words can explain.

As I reflect on 2011, I can see how things have changed drastically in every aspect from where I live to the languages I speak to the friends I have to things God is teaching me to the presence of God in my life. Change is sometimes scary and isn't always fun. But if things don't change, we can't grow. You may be with me in being a bit apprehensive about the changes that 2012 may hold. Come friends, and find rest! Come and find peace! Rejoice! And cling to this promise: "Jesus Christ is the same YESTERDAY, TODAY, and FOREVER!" Hebrews 13:8.

Cannot wait to see what God does in me and in you and in this world in the coming year. Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. glad you had a wonderful year! stay on the same race and you will se what God has in his store for you girl! happy new year!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. its me, you dont feel my pain!!!haiti

    ReplyDelete