Friday, July 15, 2011

#8

#8 of my "101 in 1001" list reads: Finish my New Years Resolution. Many of you are probably thinking "um hello? Its July. We are barely halfway through the year. The new year's resolution can't be completed yet." But I assure you, I'm not one to tell random lies! Let me explain...

I have never been big on New Years Resolutions. Actually, I dare say that this is the first year I have ever even made one with serious intentions on keeping it. This year my New Years Resolution was a resolution to send a birthday card via snail mail [or regular mail, for you from the olden days:)] to each and every member of my immediate and extended family. For some of you, this may could be accomplished with a mere 24pk of birthday cards. However, you should know that my extended family consists of: 2 parents, 4 siblings, 1 [soon to be] brother-in-law, 3 grandparents, 17 aunts and uncles, and 21 cousins for a total of ---> 48 birthday card recipients.

This seemed like a daunting task back in January when I set this goal. But, I have thus far kept my resolution [aside from my Papa who got a call in place of a card because I wasn't on top of my game that week]. As tough as this seemed in January, when I found out about a month ago that I would be leaving the country for the last 5 months of the year, it seemed as though my resolution would not be completed after all. I should note that Haiti does not have a mail system, and therefore it is impossible to send [or receive] mail while I'm there. And then I remembered my sweet sister Cheney who will be spending her days in Lawrenceburg going to Columbia State Community College in the Fall. After some buttering up and sweet talk, Cheney has agreed to send out my birthday cards for me for the remainder of the year after I leave. There were only a few stipulations..
1. Each card must be in a sealed and addressed envelope.
2. Each card must already have a stamp on it.
3. The cards must be organized in order with dates telling exactly when to put each one in the mailbox.
So, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, this is what I have done! I have completed #8 on my list and have birthday cards ready to be mailed for all of my family from August to December. Below, is my proof:
Roughly 25 cards. Did I mention everyone and their mom was born in December it seems?
Cheney [my new mail lady] and I! Love her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment