Wednesday, February 20, 2013

happy birthday!

This past Saturday I turned a quarter of a century old!! Yep.. that's right, the big 2-5! It was quite possibly my best birthday yet [I think I feel that way almost every year haha].

It was complete with:
-a steady stream of texts all day long from best friends, family, people I met last week, and people I've known since I was born
-facebook posts out the wahzoo.. so much fun!
-a 12 hour work day with the best patients I could have had
-the most thoughtful co-workers who know me well enough to get me the perfect gifts!
-a hand-delivered delicious dessert from my small group leader.. such a surprise!
-the majority of my family crouched behind my kitchen counter and my whole apartment decorated for a small surprise celebration when I got off work!
-a sweet package from my Sis because she lives entirely too far away.
-a half-refridgerator-door-full of birthday cards!
-and a few other surprises that we'll possibly discuss at a later date :)

Here are the pictures [however low-quality they might be] to prove how fabulous the day was!
my favorite nail polish ever and a handmade pen from Debbie!
a journal and the cutest card ever from Niki!
delicious treat from Robyn and the YoPros!

 

surprise party from the fam!
a stack of my fav lottery tickets EVER from my daddy!
package from my Sis and Hunter!


my fridge makes me smile now :)

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I celebrated the accomplishment of making it to a quarter of a century! And p.s., highlight of my week by far, this baby girl's birthday is TODAY! She is two years old.. I cannot believe how quick she's growing. I'd give anything to give her a birthday hug... but it's in the Lord's time. Celebrate her with me today by sending a birthday prayer her way!
Happy Birthday Karis!
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Chelsey!!! Mine was yesterday- February is an awesome month.

    ReplyDelete