Monday, August 1, 2011

#38

#38 of my "101 in 1001" List reads: Donate to a foreign adoption. This is one of my goals that would be no where near my mind if the Lord hadn't blessed me with my trip to Haiti. Many of you read about or heard about the sweet baby, Karis, that I absolutely fell in love with while I was there. When I met her, she was only 23 days old. That was in March.. so now she is about 5 or 6 months old! Also while I was there I got to meet her adoptive family! They are absolutely precious. They have 2 biological boys and 1 little girl they adopted from Ethiopia. Karis's dad is a pastor in Kingsport, TN and he writes a sweet blog that you can read here.
Karis's family!

Take a minute to think about this family's situation. They are here in Tennessee, and they have met their daughter twice by flying all the way to Haiti. Each time they go, they have to leave her there. The process and paperwork for a Haitian adoption is teadious and ridiculously time consuming, and unpredictable. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. This sweet family needs prayers people! For those of you with children.. imagine what it would be like to know where your child is and not be able to bring them home or be able to go to them whenever you want. They know that it is in the Lord's time, and we are all praying for a homecoming for Karis very soon!!

Aside from the adoption process, the financial burden of a Haitian adoption is huge and heavy. The Robison's have been raising money for several months and the Lord has provided! But they still lack about $7000 toward the adoption and need to get this paid asap in order to finalize the adoption and bring Karis home! This, of course, was the perfect opportunity for me to complete #38 on my 101 List!

To the right is a t-shirt designed by Karis's new mom, Allison. They are selling these shirts for $20 a piece to raise money for Karis. The shirts are super soft and good quality, not to mention the amazing difference you are making in a precious baby's life by purchasing one of these shirts! You can click here to learn more about the shirts and buy one [or two, or three] today!

I actually had intended to buy one shirt, but got confused and accidentally bought 2! Good things it's for a great cause, and good thing my Mom LOVED the shirts too haha.

And, as an update for those of you who love Karis just from hearing about her, here are some pictures of how big she has gotten since March:

"Learn to do right; seek justice. 
  Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
   plead the case of the widow."
          Isaiah 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment