Saturday, July 16, 2011

#15

# 15 of my "101 in 1001" reads: Surprise someone. I'm happy to report that this has now been completed! For those of you who don't know Ada Leung, she is a sweet sweet girl who I have known for a long time at Calvary Baptist in Knoxville. However, it wasn't until this summer that I really got to know Ada and her heart for the Lord. God has called her to be a teacher, and she will be leaving Knoxville on Monday to move to Murfreesboro, TN, to start her career as a third grade teacher!! She has a pretty ballin blog, and you can read about Ada and her endeavors as a postgrad/new teacher here.

Anyway... all of this to say that last night we had [the funnest] "see you later" night for Ada since she is leaving Knoxville soon! About 6 girls gathered for dinner at Aubreys, then dessert at Menchies, and then game night at my house. We played Quelf. If you've never played, you should find someone to play with probably like TODAY. It is crazy fun. But, you should make sure that you are either: 1. playing with people you know really well or 2. really comfortable with who you are. [you tend to make a fool of yourself in this game!]. When everyone got to my house, I had planned a surprise for Ada! It was a going away present to kickstart her planning for a classroom. [I have never before thought about all the work that goes into getting ready for students!] Below is a video of how I fulfilled my #15: Surprise Someone.
Join me in lifting up Ada today... "May the Lord bless and keep you; May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; May the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace" [Numbers 6:24-26]

p.s. Ada will probably have to be my 3rd goodbye for Haiti! Its getting closer [and more exciting] [and more sad].

No comments:

Post a Comment