Wednesday, May 1, 2013

the point is..

Man, it's sad the things that take a back seat when life gets busy [blogs, for example]. It's been too long! Lets see, since the last time we talked, I've spent about 3 months flipping between night and day shift every few days [which is killer, btw], tried out a handful of precious little restaurants in Nashville on Friday nights, and I've been on two pretty awesome out-of-town adventures, among other things. You know me, go big or go home :)

First I went to Dallas for a weekend to celebrate the marriage of one of my sweet girlfriends from college to her now-husband. I had never been to Texas before, and it's always fun to travel with friends so it was pretty much a blast. It was like a college reunion with our closest friends, some of which I hadn't seen in WAY too long. It's always good to reconnect and catch up, even if we might not all be together again until the next person gets married.

And then a week after that, I made a last minute decision to visit my family in Haiti! I know, I should have told you... but I kept it a surprise so that they would be excited when I got off the plane there. It was an adventure to say the least haha. I got caught in the whole American-Airlines-computer-crash fiasco on my way down and spent an extra 5 hours chillin in the floor of the Miami airport. My week of Haitian sun was spent catching up with my family at the mission house, loving on the ladies that take care of me like I'm their daughter, surprising my old English class and seeing those ladies, loving on the kids at the Children's Home, and then, to top it all off, I got to spend my last two nights with Karis! It could not have been a better trip [unless it was about 6 months longer haha].

And now, I'm spending a few days at home, taking a break from real life. There's nothing better for the soul than staying up late with sisters, listening to Nanny's stories for hours, and eating your mama's cookin. Sometimes it's the best cure for everyday life.

Anyway... I'm getting back on the blogging horse. I've gone to only night shift now at work, so no more flipfloppin for this girl. And there are no more airplane trips on the agenda in the near future [although you just never know when that might change..]. The point is, I'm back and ready for action. So, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment