Monday, March 4, 2013

I am a daughter.

At any given time on any given day, my shower curtain is probably wide open and you'd find a coffee cup or wine glass on the edge of the tub beside a few candles.. cause I'm a bubble-bath-cures-all kinda girl.

My bed is never made [unless I'm expecting company I want to impress] cause I always figure I'm getting back in it in less than 24 hours anyway.

Dresser drawers stay open with clothes hanging out, and kitchen cabinet doors too.. cause I just forget to shut them most of the time.

My radio stays up loud in my car and my sunroof gets left open most nights.

There are scraps of fabric draped on the back of every couch and every chair in every room, and a pile of thread and needles and scissors stay on the table, cause I'm a sewer.

Mail stays piled up on the counter and the laundry basket is never empty, but I kinda like it that way.

My light bulbs don't match and my bedroom curtains sag a little in the middle, but I don't mind because I hung them myself.

I have a few spots of paint on my carpet and a canvas on nearly every wall because I find painting to be one of the most therapeutic things in the world.

My kitchen table never gets eaten at because it stays covered in books and notebooks and sermon notes.. and there is nearly always a Bible left open because I LOVE the Word of God.

A half-empty wine bottle adorns my refrigerator top, because I want to be a wine drinker but I just haven't acquired the taste yet.

There is a guitar in one corner of my room and a keyboard in the other, because I get bored with one and have to switch it up every now and then, even though I'm not really good at either.

A lot of days my socks don't match and as much as I'd like to be that cool girl who doesn't even notice, it drives me nuts.

My right couch cushion sags from my rear being on it too much, and my left couch cushion sags from my kitty's.

There are post-it notes with scribbled Scripture on every mirror in the house, because I'm committed to memorizing more, even though it is a daily struggle.

I spend long nights awake and I doubt my God, but His mercy meets me new every morning.

I see life through a filter called "joy." I'm not always happy, but I am always joyful, and that is only because of Christ in me.

My hair stays out-of-control curly and my clothes are wrinkled and my hands are dirty and my shoes are worn, but my heart stays full.

I make mistakes and I apologize a lot, and I laugh and cry and love.

I am a daughter of the King, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and I can almost imagine your apartment in my mind. Love the phrase about joy. I think that describes me. It surely can't be of my doing so it must be Christ. I'm going to share with Allie B. Love and miss you. dc

    ReplyDelete
  2. You insight and creativity astound me! Have a wonderful day and know that you are not just loved by the King but by me too! Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsey, this is poetry and so beautiful! Looks like you have your priorities in the right place to me! Seems like there was this Bible person name Mary who you remind me of (she had a sister named Martha):) Allie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, ANNNND I love you. :) Keep living girly! Oh and try moscato. Flip flop moscato. It's like punch. ;)

    ReplyDelete