Wednesday, October 28, 2015

rainy days in dallas

This past weekend was a rainy one for the Dallas area (thank you, Patricia). It was Quinn's first thunderstorm ever, and the first few days of rain we've had since basically the beginning of time I think (or maybe since the beginning of summer, who really knows). It was pretty nasty out and a bit of trouble to lug a 9 week old around in, but we did it anyway, cause why not, right?

Friday we had a family session of pumpkin painting! Quinn even got to paint her pumpkin with just a little bit of help. I'll let you guess who's is who's.
Because of the continuous rain, our poor pups were stuck inside all weekend. Except that 10 minutes that I let them out to do their business and got distracted by a fussing baby, during which they dug a hole in the mud and came rushing inside to tell us all about it. Praise the Lord for my sweet husband who cleaned the paw prints off the carpet, washed the dogs, and washed the crates... all while I was fuming about my desire to have puppy stew for dinner. Don't worry, I'm over it now and I still love them.
Friday night we dropped Quinn off at the church for "Parent's Night Out" and Sam and I went out in the rain for a much needed date night! We had dinner at Palio's (pizza!) and then spent a little while wandering the isles at Barnes & Noble (the best date place when you want to have fun but not spend any money-- new parent probs). And then we had dessert at Paciugos (gelato). It was so nice to be alone and silly for a while. I thought Quinn may have been a little fussy at the nursery because she had her 2 month shots earlier this week, but when we picked her up the conversation went like this: 
Me: "We are here for Quinn!"
Nursery worker: *looking around the room at the babies trying to decide which one was ours* (their name tags are on their backs and they were all in swings), Me: "She's in the black bow." (It's Halloween week, we don't usually dress our baby in black. But if you do, no judgement.)
Nursery worker: "Oh! The good one!" That makes my heart smile.
And at some point I did a practice run with Quinn's Halloween costumes, which she just couldn't keep her eyes open for. So, she took a nap like this.
And then, just for fun, a few of my other favorite pictures from the last few days...

It really was a much needed fun family weekend. Don't let all the cute pictures fool you though-- the days were definitely littered with a bit of fussing from the baby here and there and a bit of fussing from me and the hubs here and there.. Nothing a few hugs and cuddles and I'm sorrys and I love yous doesn't fix. Real life people.. It's rainy some days but there's always a reason to smile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment