Wednesday, September 11, 2013

in april..

In April I went to Texas for the first time in my life. I went for a post-wedding party for a sweet friend from college. There I saw Sam for the first time in almost two years. And he was just as cute as he's always been for all the years I've known him, and he smiled the same and he was just as charismatic and funny and sweet and he listened to me and the way he looked at me still made me feel beautiful and he made me go to bed smiling thinking about him every night I was there. And at some point in the weekend he posted this picture with this caption on Instagram:
And then I left Texas on an airplane bound for Tennessee, and neither of us had any idea what life had in store for us. Per his request, I texted him when I landed to let him know I made it safely, and he texted me back, and the conversation never stopped.

We met in Knoxville in May, then I visited Plano in June, he came to Lawrenceburg for my brothers wedding in July, and then we decided life's a little too short for long distance relationships. So, we started praying about what was next because we know that no matter how this makes us feel, it is not about us but it is in fact an opportunity to make Jesus famous. And then, without very much effort on either of our parts, things started moving and before I knew it, I was moving too.

It took me 6 months to get a job and an apartment and my life together to move to Murfreesboro last year. I flew to Plano last week and spent 5 days. I landed on Thursday. I interviewed at two facilities, got offered two full time jobs, and accepted one of them Friday. I found an apartment on Saturday and filled out the papers Monday morning. And Sam twirled me around in a pool at night while he sang sweet songs in my ear and I felt more alive than I ever have. And then I flew back to Tennessee by myself for the last time on Tuesday.

I am moving to Plano, Texas on September 27th. Is this real life? I am going to work at a fabulous hospital that felt like home the minute I walked through the doors. I'm going to start the process of specializing in a particular field of nursing as an Oncology Nurse on an inpatient surgical oncology floor. The nurse manager felt like someone I had known my whole life and I had to seriously resist hugging her to pieces when she offered me the job after 30 minutes of talking. The staff was sweet and smiley and welcoming. And I knew in my heart it was the right place for me.

I came home and I added two stones to my Ebenezer jar in which I keep a record with sharpie on rocks of all the specific ways God provides for me exactly what He knows is best. And I added "Medical City Dallas job, 9-2013" and "Plano Apartment 9-2013" because I know that the only reason things are falling into place like they are is because our God is literally moving things with His own hands.

So, there you have it. My life is being turned upside down again in a radical way by a radical God who is showing Himself to me through an incredible guy, and I could not be more excited. Prayers are so much appreciated as Sam and I transition over the next few weeks! Can't wait to tell you more as the story unfolds. Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

  1. eeeeek this gave me butterflies!!! so excited for you girl!!! I love to watch the Lord work!

    ReplyDelete