Monday, June 25, 2012

lucky #13

Not sure who this little lady thinks she is trying to ruin my Florida vacation next week, but I'm not too happy with her about now!

I have recently [as in, yesterday] started digging deeper into Scripture with some simple suggestions from John Piper in this article he posted on his site, desiringgod.org. It is phenomenal... the whole site. So check it out whenever you have a minute. My current plan is to read through the Bible front to back [I've made it to 1 Chronicles as of now], hardcore study Romans, and memorize the book of James [or restart memorizing.... I had started a while back but kinda fell off the wagon]. Make a plan, and join me in the Word people!

This past week I was blessed with the opporunity to go for my first job interview as a Registered Nurse! It was at Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Murfreesboro. I prepared for days my response to the typical interview questions, questions I would ask when it was my turn to make me look smart, and spent hours working on my Nursing Portfolio to make sure it was just right. All to get there and meet the sweetest lady in the world who didn't ask me very much of anything except what Haiti was like. The whole interview was more like she was trying to convince me to work there rather than me convince her to hire me. I think it went really well... at least thats what she told me haha. And she's supposed to call me in the next couple of weeks about the next step in the hiring process! Oh, and the best part? MTMC is owned by Saint Thomas Health, so it's a faithbased organization. I didn't think that really had any effect on the day to day job, but my jaw almost hit the ground when the interviewer's closing remarks were, "I think you would love working here because it's a faithbased facility. We usually pray before meetings and it's not unusual for us to pray with patients on the floor before procedures or any time really. I think you'd be a perfect fit for that!" Are you kidding me, God? An opportunity to use my degree and license as a nurse, WHILE I minister to the sick and tell them about Jesus, and thats actually what I'm SUPPOSED to do?! I'm beyond excited, obviously. Maybe this is what God has next for me! I guess we shall soon see!

And, last but not least... this past weekend we all became river rats and spent the weekend at Joe Wheeler State Park in Rogersville, AL. And by "we all" I mean everyone except my Sis and Hunter, who we missed terribly. Seriously guys, at least once every 2 or 3 hours somebody would say "I wish they were here." Johnson City is too far away!!! Come home! :)

Here are some pictures from the fun-filled, sun-filled excursion:

So, there ya have it. Fun times haha. And I took the opportunity this weekend to be very proactive and find something I could check off my list. I succeeded in completing #13 from my "101 in 1001" List which says: Take a fish off the hook with my bare hands. [My personal favorite part is around 00:13 where I start to panic and whine for my Daddy haha] Enjoy!


Well, thats all for today folks! Whatever it is you need to do/want to do/are scared to do... get out there and do it! Have a great day and a great week, or embrace a crappy day and a hard week if thats whats in store for you.... be joyful, make some memories, but above all, glorify the King!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsey,

    If you want Uncle Roy or I to make a phone call or two to assist in you procuring the MTMC job, please let us know.

    Margrey

    ReplyDelete