Sunday, January 19, 2014

reflecting on 2013

A few days later than planned, but I'm reflecting on 2013:

January: I did a science experiment and made a volcano for these cuties.
February: I turned a quarter-of-a-century old. And I had a quarter-life crisis, which consisted of running a redlight, spending $100 on completely random stuff at Walmart, and eating a half gallon of icecream from the carton by myself. It was perfect.
March: I ran my first and only 5K, and I got the privilege of meeting Emily Elizabeth Moore just hours after she made her debut into the world.

April: I flew to Texas to celebrate the marriage of sweet friends, and reconnected after two years with the guy I'm gonna marry.
 
Also, I visited my family in Haiti. My heart was so incredibly full.
May: I got to go to my baby sister's 100 Club Banquet, and I met Sam in Knoxville to be his date at a wedding. [This was before we were dating, and I remember being so nervous not knowing what to expect or what to do].
June: I spent Father's Day and a couple other weekends on the river with my fam. I will desperately miss that this summer.
And I flew back to Texas to visit Sam and be the nurse at Junior High Camp. And just before I flew back to Tennessee, Sam asked me to be his girlfriend. <3

July: We made our annual Florida vacation [which I will also miss desperately this summer]. And my baby brother got married! And Sam came to Lawrenceburg for the first time and met my family.
August: I got to see Kessy stateside for a few days! And I went to a Titans game with part of the fam.
September: I flew back to Texas for a weekend and got a job and an apartment. Then Sam flew to Tennessee and drove me back to live just down the street from him. Crazy and bold, I know. But we both knew it was right.
October: Sam became the Junior High Minster, I started my new job as an oncology nurse, we carved pumpkins, supported friends who ran a 5K in the pouring rain, and took our junior high students to serve at a neighborhood in south Dallas. Busy month!
November: Sam turned a quarter-of-a-century old! And we drove to Houston to celebrate Thanksgiving with some of his family.
December: We flew home to Tennessee for a surprise 50th birthday party for my Mom, had a Christmas date night complete with selfies with Delilah, I dyed some of my hair pink, and, oh yea, WE GOT ENGAGED!
January 2013 I would have never ever predicted that this is where my life would be in January 2014. God has huge and crazy and awesome plans for your life too, you just have to let go and trust that He knows best. We all know that life is forever changing, good and bad. Take heart today, He has a plan. And He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Look back and take a minute to reflect on 2013, and then let it go and look forward to whats next.

heres to 2014, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment