Friday, October 18, 2013

so, now we know.

I feel like now is a good time for a mostly-photo-blog that will hopefully give you a glimpse in to our everyday life.
I moved into my new apartment, and this is my first craft of the fall! It's homey, right? :)
Sam studying for Hebrew, cause he's hardcore like that.
I started my new job... this is my commute. Lame, but totally worth it. I'm loving it so far.
This is how Sam spends a big majority of his time.. with JH students. And he's great at it. [Wednesday night Chaos]
And I spend a pretty big chunk of my time with students as well. And I love it! [Girls Movie Night]
And this is just one of the many perks of dating this awesome guy... love notes written completely backwards :)
That about sums it up! It turns out day-to-day life is WAY more fun in person that via FaceTime. Who knew?  I have two favorite happenings from the past week that I feel like paint a pretty clear picture of how we are learning each other as we do this crazy thing called life together.

1. Last week I was hanging out with Sam at his host home while he was doing laundry. He brought a laundry basket full of clean clothes fresh out of the dryer upstairs and I volunteered to fold them for him. I know people can be particular, so I thought I would be proactive and ask before I started, "Is there a certain way you like things folded?" "No, whatever is fine," he says. So I proceed to fold all of the t-shirts, undershirts, shorts, socks, etc. and separate them into piles of their same kind. Once I finished, I said "Okay, what do you hang and what goes in drawers?" "Umm... everything can go in drawers except the button downs," he replied. I got up and carried a stack of nicely folded solid colored t-shirts to the dresser. "Perfect. Which drawer do these nicer t-shirts go in?" I asked. "Umm..." he pulls open the second drawer of the dresser to reveal an overflowing perfect mix of shorts, t-shirts, nice shirt, hoodies, and even bathing suits. "Well, this one looks full. Lets try the next one." he says. "Whoa whoa whoa," I say, "you mean to tell me you just throw stuff in all these drawers until they're full and then you move on to the next one? There is no designated space for any particular kind of clothes?" "Pretty much no," he says, with a smile. It was like he was speaking a foreign language. This concept flabbergasted me, which he found highly amusing. Needless to say, he graciously let me spend the next hour meticulously organizing the entire dresser by clothing type and color. So, now we know who will NOT be in charge of putting away laundry for the rest of our lives :)

2. I worked 8-5 Monday-Friday last week, and I was supposed to move in to my new apartment on Thursday. Because I wasn't going to be home in time to pick up my keys, Sam went by and got them for me. And then by the time I got off work on Friday, he and some of our sweet friends had moved every bit of my stuff out of the storage unit and into my new home. Best friends ever. Anyway, so we spent the weekend basically unpacking and trying to get my junk all in the right places. At one point, I was in the bathroom hanging the shower curtain and Sam was in the kitchen attempting to unpack boxes. He hollered from the hallway "Hey, I'm gonna unpack some of this food. On a scale of 1 to 10, how particular are you about where things go in your pantry?" I hollered back "Umm... maybe like a 7." "WHAT?! A SEVEN?!" He exclaimed. Now it was like I was the one speaking a foreign language. He couldn't fathom that I could possibly care that much where the cans of corn go in the cabinet. So, now we also know who won't be putting away the groceries. :)

Missing my fam and friends in Tennessee like crazy. Missing my old job and work friends. But absolutely loving life here in Texas.

Peace and love people :)

6 comments:

  1. put his shirts in a line for him, and tell him to pull his underwear from the bottom so they all get their turn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsey,
    I am so glad that you are so happy. Take good care of yourself. Enjoy your work and Sam. It is a great time in your life. Soak it all up. It will sustain you when you get to experience some of the tough times in life. They will come because that is how God grows you, but sweet memories help alot!
    Love you,
    Margrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, every every marriage and successful and honest relationship has these exact details that make life absolutely interesting, fun, rewarding, loving, full of daily personal and spiritual growth, full of compromise and understanding of each other - all that makes us stronger and closer every year. I know you and Sam are in the early stages of your relationship and Margrey and I pray for each of yours happiness in work, play and love. You are a special girl (okay - lady).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, every every marriage and successful and honest relationship has these exact details that make life absolutely interesting, fun, rewarding, loving, full of daily personal and spiritual growth, full of compromise and understanding of each other - all that makes us stronger and closer every year. I know you and Sam are in the early stages of your relationship and Margrey and I pray for each of yours happiness in work, play and love. You are a special girl (okay - lady).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, every every marriage and successful and honest relationship has these exact details that make life absolutely interesting, fun, rewarding, loving, full of daily personal and spiritual growth, full of compromise and understanding of each other - all that makes us stronger and closer every year. I know you and Sam are in the early stages of your relationship and Margrey and I pray for each of yours happiness in work, play and love. You are a special girl (okay - lady).

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad things are well and you are having fun! Love you, Uncle Glenn

    ReplyDelete