Sunday, October 6, 2013

And we go.

And we go and go and go, and I love it.

Monday date night: shopping at the mall and dinner at the Cheescake Factory. Yes please.

Tuesday: a little quality time at the church followed by dinner and a brand new episode of Nashville with the most hospitable lady in the world who is letting me stay in a spare bedroom until my apartment is ready this week.

Wednesday: a full full day of decorating and planning and doing at the church, complete with Sam successfully running his first Wednesday night Chaos event for junior high. And a little stage time for me as well, which was super fun.

Thursday: a 7th grade football game followed by a freshman high school football game, mingling with students and parents, building relationships to build the Kingdom. Love it.

Friday: Birthday present shopping, a little bit of baking, a surprise birthday party for a sweet friend, a couple quarters of a high school homecoming football game, and a night of watching music videos and conspiracy theory documentaries with some awesome people.

Saturday: a 2 year olds birthday party which entailed a 2 hr baby holding session for me and a 2 hr play date for Sam and the birthday boy. Cutest thing ever. Afternoon church and some setup for Sunday morning, then dinner and sermons notes and sweet conversation, just me and my guy, til Panera kicked us out when they closed.

And today, a morning of church (in which Sam brought a fabulous message to middle schoolers), a matinee movie with friends, and some time outside at a coffee shop (studying for him, blogging and reading for me, with a cup of coffee or two, please), ending the evening with dinner at Subway, more studying, cleaning Sam's room, and getting ready for the week.

Literally, we go non stop. And we have so much fun, it's a little ridiculous. Life in Texas so far is definitely all that and a bag of chips, like, really.

Delilah's life in Texas isn't so bad either. As evidenced below:

The highlights:
1. I got to church this morning for the first time without a gps. If you know me, you know this is kind of a big deal.
2. We have completed the 1st season of New Girl and are well in to the 2nd season.
3. I knew at least 10 kids by name at service this morning, which isn't bad considering there are like 200 of them and one of me.
4. We saw Gravity.. It was weird. And stressful.
5. After hangin out with Sam's coworkers and friends all evening and night Friday, he dropped me off at my car and said "Thank you for hangin out with my friends so much." To which I quickly and sincerely replied in my best 5-yr-old that's-not-fair-voice: "Heyyy. Not fair. They're my friends too!" And in fact, they are.

It feels like I have been here much longer than a week. And I am so incredibly thankful that I have found my niche in the world, and it's next to this guy.
Stay tuned for more on life in Texas.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are so happy. We'll talk soon. Love you, Auntie Deb

    ReplyDelete