Tuesday, August 9, 2011

american air and #35

Megan Nichole Inman
The summer before my 7th grade year I met a girl who became one of my closest friends. We were inseparable for about 5 years, and then [as most people do], slowly grew apart. On December 20, 2010, God called Megan home. She died in a fatal car crash. You can read her story here. It doesn't seem like it has been 7 1/2 months... crazy. I think about her on a daily basis and visit her grave when I'm in Lawrenceburg [even though I know she isn't really there]. #35 on my "101 in 1001" List reads: Visit someone's grave. So today, on my last day in America for a while, I paid her a visit! She had a beautiful face and an even more beautiful heart. Rest in peace Megan Nichole!

I took some beautiful flowers that were leftover from my Sis's wedding [which Megan would have thoroughly enjoyed]
Besides my sweet friend, there are a million other things on my mind tonight. It is, as you may know, my last night of breathing American air! I know that Haiti is where the Lord wants me right now, but I still am sad to have to leave my family. When I get back in December, Sis and Hunter will have been married for 5 months, Cain and KaLee will have been living in Chattanooga for a whole semester, Cheney will be done with her first semester of college, Tuck will have been living in Murfreesboro for a semester, and Sam will be half done with her sophomore year and will have been driving for a month and a half! So many life changes... and so many things I'm going to miss. But I am trusting in the Lord, knowing that He has me held right in His hands.

Thats pretty much where I'm at tonight... just trying to make sure everything is packed and ready to go. We are leaving town at 6:30 in the morning in order for me to catch my 9:40 flight out of Nashville. I will then land in Miami at 1:10, and take off again at 2:10... finally landing in Port au Prince at 3:10 tomorrow afternoon. It is surreal and crazy, but I'm so excited to see my friends there and I know as soon as I see those sweet kids my heart will feel so at home all over again. Prayers for safe and easy travels would be much appreciated [I'm nervous about flying alone!]. I will do my best to let you know when I make it safely!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment